His Majesty King Abdullah II
Bishr Al-Khasawneh government
Former Ministers Memebers
Lower House 19
Former Lower House
Former Lower House Members
Upper House Twenty-eighth
Former Upper House
Former Senate Members
Parties Under Establishment
High commissioning Letters for prime ministers
Government Letters to the House of Representatives
Royal's discussion papers
Ministry of Finance
Ministry of Finance
Year of Establishment: 1920
Ministry's Functions: 1. Drawing up plans to implement the government fiscal policies and following up the collection of public revenues and depositing them in the treasury as well as supervising the spending of public expenditures and organizing the accounts related to both revenues and expenditures according to the applicable financial legislation.
2. Managing cash flows to provide liquidity and directing public investment according to applicable monetary and fiscal policies.
3. Studying and analyzing monetary, fiscal, and economic situations and evaluating tax policies and procedures.
4. Managing civil and military pension affairs and compensations according to laws and regulations, as well as managing the funds of both the social security and the employee and workers saving fund.
5. Studying and following up issues that lead to government rights or require taking legal actions at the concerned courts.
6. Preparing, developing and updating draft financial legislations related to public revenues and expenditures.
7. Cooperating and coordinating with concerned authorities in preparing social and economic development plans and the implementation thereof.
8. Cooperating and coordinating with the Central Bank of Jordan in achieving harmony between fiscal and monetary policies to support the national economy.
9. Expressing opinion and advising on draft laws, regulations, agreements and any other subjects that represent financial obligations on the Treasury.
10. Cooperating and coordinating with ministries and governmental departments to train and rehabilitate the cadres in finance and accounting.
Fixed Line(s): 4646516 06
Fax: 4618527- 06
P.O. Box: 85 Amman 11118
Address: King Hussein Street (Alsalt Street)